Information Systems, Digital Marketing and Social Media, Entrepreneurship, Social Entrepreneurship, Creativity and Innovation, Education Management
Heru Wijayanto, A practitioner and academic who began his career as a developer in the field of information systems, but because of his love for the business world, particularly in the field of entrepreneurship, he tried to develop the use of information and communication technology as well as innovation in the business world.
Heru career is long and varied. Growing up in East Java and his passion for information technology that drives him to take a degree in the field of informatics engineering at the Sekolah Tinggi Teknik Surabaya (1997-2002). After finish the Undergraduate degree, he continue to take her Master’s degree in Information Technology Management of Engineering Institute of Technology Surabaya (2003-2007). In 2003, Heru began entering the higher education of Indonesia. Strong desire to learn something new, make it achieve a dream to study International Business Management at IMI, Belgium (2007).
Heru actively involves in student’s organizations since she was in undergraduate degree. Based on that he worked closely with student’s organizations in higher education (2004-2012). In 2011, Heru joined with Indonesian education organization, who make a contribution and analysis in vocational education. This organization focus on analysing a trend of vocational alumnae in Indonesia related with Indonesian economic development plan 2025.
Recently he join in Technopreneurship Department and Center for Technopreneurship and Innovation (CTI) Surya University. A combination of education and professional experiences inspires him to develop programs for youth that aims to empowering them. Together with her colleagues in CTI, he join BYTe (Bootcamp for Young Technopreneur) program, an intensive experiential learning program for youth to improve each individual in problem solving and decision making ability, as well as creativity skills especially in identifying opportunities, generating and developing innovative ideas become businesses. For primary school students, there is a program named Anak Hebat anak Indonesia (AHAI) that aims to encourage the spirit of green entrepreneurship by stimulating kids to think creatively and imaginatively, to work in a team, and to improve their communication skills.
Heru is co-founder of I-Site, one of GIST TECH-I Competition 2014 Finalist at 5th Global Entrepreneurship Summit in Morocco. I-Site is a creative tourism portal which provides information about West Sumatra. Currently there is a gap in online information available about West Sumatra and I-site solves this problem. Differing from existing tourism websites, I-Site does not only provide information for tourists to plan their trips, but also invites tourists and interested individuals to become contributors to the pages.
Since 2014, with her colleagues in CTI he created The Social Innovation Competition (SIC) is an event designed to encourage Indonesian youths to be aware about several issues in society and to design innovative solutions that are beneficial to public. And in 2015, with South Tangerang Government, he created the first sociopreneur competition in Indonesia, which called Indonesia Sociopreneur Challenge (ISoC)
- S.Kom. (Information Engineering), Sekolah Tinggi Teknik Surabaya (STTS), Indonesia, 1997
- M.MT (Information Technology Management), Institut Teknologi Sepuluh Nopember (ITS) Surabaya, Indonesia, 2003
- M.M (International Business Management), Sekolah Tinggi Ilmu Ekonomi IEU Surabaya, Indonesia, 2005
- MBA (International Business Management), International Management Institute (IMI), Belgium, 2007
- Database and Systems Administrator (GIS Project) – PT. PAM Lyonnaise Jaya Jakarta (2003)
- Magazine Design and Web Administrator Glocal Magazine (2008-2010)
- IT Manager on STIE IEU Surabaya (2003 – 2013)
- Associate Dean III for Students Council STIE IEU Surabaya (2004-2013)
- Lecturer on STIE IEU Surabaya (Undergraduate and Graduate Programs) (2003-2013)
- Lecturer on IKADO – Institut Informatika Indonesia Surabaya (Undergraduate Program) (2009-2013)
- Lecturer on Management Department Universitas Pelita Harapan Surabaya (Undergraduate Program) (2009-2013)
- Vice Director Pride Training Center Surabaya (2011 – Now)
- Lecturer and Secretary on Technopreneurship Department Surya University (2013 – Now)
- Researcher on Center for Technopreneurship and Innovation (CTI) Surya University (2013 – Now)